The Food Bank at St. John’s has been open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, serving guests outdoors on the Mason Street side of the church.
The Food Bank offers guests a selection of produce, bread, and usually some protein items.
- Guests may choose from a menu of staple foods and hygienic items.
- Guests may instead choose a pre-made hamper of items that is ready to take home.
- Guests without kitchen access may choose a pre-made hamper of ready-to-eat items.
Please use the food bank only once per month.
The Food Bank is open Tuesdays and Fridays (10:00 am to 12:00 pm) with the following exceptions:
- Closed Friday and Tuesday following Wednesday income assistance cheque distribution.
- Statutory holidays that fall on a Tuesday or Friday when the food bank would normally be open.
To support the food bank financially, click the button below to donate through CanadaHelps.org and select Food Bank at St. John's from Fund List.
For more information on how you can get involved, please contact the Food Bank Coordinator through the church office at 250-383-7169 at by emailing the Parish Administrator.