The sound system at St. John's includes headsets for those who are hard of hearing. If one would assist you in participating in the service, please let the Greeters know.
Please let the Greeters know if you would prefer a larger print copy of the leaflet.
During the Eucharist, we share bread and wine at the front of the church. We don't want there to be any barriers to receiving since all are welcome at Christ's table!
- There are no steps between the seats and the altar.
- Gluten free wafers are available. Please request them from the person who is distributing the bread.
- If you prefer for any reasons not to take either the bread or wine, sharing "in one kind" is still sharing full communion.
- If you are unable to come to a communion station during the service, please let one of the Greeters when you arrive and we will bring bring communion to you.
- Any one not receiving communion is invited to come forward and have prayer said for you by those distributing the bread. If this is your desire, you can indicate this by holding your arms crossed on your chest.
St. John's is accessible through the office entrance which is level with the pathway leading from both Quadra street and from the parking lot behind the church. An gender-neutral accessible washroom is located near that entrance.
All the washrooms on the main floor of the church building are single stall and gender neutral.
There is an elevator to access the parish hall (POV's Baumann Centre) from the door into St. John's Court off of the parking lot. There are two accessible, multi-stall washrooms available in the hall.