All scheduled dates:
- May 27, 2015 - 7:00pm-9:00pm (ended)
- Jun 3, 2015 - 7:00pm-9:00pm (ended)
- Jun 10, 2015 - 7:00pm-9:00pm (ended)
“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”
Martin Luther King
Designed for those working with/for the poor from a faith-based perspective or simply curious about social justice, this series will engage with some challenging questions.
- Are charity, mercy and compassion the same as justice?
- How do we move from reflection to action?
- What happened to “liberation theology”?
- Can social justice be considered a spiritual practice?
FACILITATOR: Murray Luft
FORMAT: Brief theological reflections presented by the facilitator, plus input from the DVD series entitled “Justice and the Poor” (from Jim Wallis of Sojourners Magazine), followed by group discussion on emerging social justice issues. Short, relevant readings will also be provided to everyone.
Please pre-register by e-mailing Murray at: murrayrae [at] yahoo.com prior to May 20, 2015.
If you can’t attend all three sessions, you are most welcome to come to one or two!
One of the courses brought to you by the Exploring Faith and Spirituality Group.